Wednesday, January 23, 2013

MDS Blog Hop--New Discovery

Welcome to this week's MDS Blog Hop!  The theme this week is basically whatever we are working on or something we've discovered using My Digital Studio 2.  So, I've done a little of both!

Background, Natural Composition overlay; Snowflakes, Old St. Nick stamp brush; "Merry", Simple Letters punch; Hip and Handsome overlays stamp cropped with washi tape punch shape; Jingle Bell, Jolly Bingo Bits stamp brush; Freeform line stitching.

I grabbed our photo from Christmas and as I was adding a few embellishments I thought I would try a few new things.  First, I used the punch editor and created my own washi tape shape.  That allowed me to choose a background stamp and then crop it using my washi tape punch.  Fun, eh?  Then, I saw a cute title on a scrapbook page that had stitching on it, and I thought that I could try to replicate the look with the freeform line tool--it worked!  I takes a little bit of time and some adjusting, but I like the end result.  I finished it off with a woven background and some snowflakes.  I hope you enjoy the rest of the blog hop!  Have fun!



Julie

Make sure you check out the video on how I created the faux washi tape and added the stitching on the letters!

10 comments:

  1. Julie - love your washi tape idea! I never would have thought of that! I used the same overlay on my page too. Guess great minds think alike ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Amber! I love it when I have moments of creativity like that! They don't come around as much as I'd like, so I have to seize on those moments!

      Delete
  2. Love the tape idea. Those two little touches really make the great photo pop out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Wendie! I saw some washi tape on another page and I just loved the look of it! Love MDS2!!!

      Delete
  3. Love the stitching on the letters! I will have to try that...great idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was pretty simple, I'll be posting a video this week! Thanks so much!

      Delete
  4. Gorgeous layout Julie!! What a great idea for the washi tape!! LOVE your family photo too. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous layout Julie!! What a great idea for the washi tape!! LOVE your family photo too. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Cori! It was a fun day and a crazy photo!

      Delete