Sunday, January 27, 2013

Sweet Sabbath

I learned many things at a wonderful women's conference yesterday.  I learned that life is never like a balanced scale.  We are always chasing the "balanced life", but it isn't that simple.  Life is more like juggling several balls all at once.  We may have a few balls in our hands and several more up in the air, but they are all still in play.  If we do these few things well at a time, then many of the little things will fall into place.

1. Stay centered on the Savior--"Seek ye first the Kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you" Matt. 6:33
2. Focus on the most important things--faith, family
3. Simplify your life--let the trivial things go
4. Love yourself--find something that you enjoy and that makes you happy

I also was reminded not to compare myself to others.  That is something that I struggle with.  I have to remind myself everyday that I can't be someone else, I can only be myself, and that I am good enough! I'm getting better at it, the older I get, so I hope that one day I won't really care what other people think of me, only what my Savior thinks of me.  My life is a daily juggling act, but I hope that I can focus on the right things so that I can be blessed and in turn, bless my family.

Have a happy Sabbath!

Julie



2 comments:

  1. Julie, I LOVE you. You are such an inspiration and example to me. I am so grateful to have you in my life and call you my friend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so sweet! I learn from you all the time! You are an example to me!! Love you!

      Delete