Wednesday, January 9, 2013

My first MDS Blog Hop!

I'm so excited to have been asked to participate as a guest blogger with the talented ladies in the MDS Blog Hop!  I'm a new blogger, just since October, but I'm not new to being crafty!  I've been a Stampin' Up! demonstrator for more than 16 years and I love paper crafting, although my new passion is digital crafting!  I've always loved seeing cute sayings and quotes on Pinterest and I thought, "Hey, I can do that with My Digital Studio!"  Now, I'm kind of addicted!  I love making cards and printables with My Digital Studio, but I have to admit, I struggle with scrapbooking with it!  I love the way some designers (including our own talented MDS blog hop girls) can just put all sorts of paper, photos, embellishments, and textures together and make a darling layout--that is not the way my brain thinks!  I'm a CASE girl!  I love to see ideas from other designers and change them up to make them my own!  I did this on today's project!  I saw a cute page using the grouped photo technique, I changed it up a bit and added my photo and fun winter details and I came up with this:
I used the "Winter Wonderland" title from the new Let it Snow ensemble (recolored), the background paper is from Number One DSP,  the chevron paper is from the On the Go kit, and the snowflake is from the Old St. Nick stamp brush set. I added a few stitches around the edge.  I'm sure by now, you've seen all the lovely creations from all the creative ladies on this blog hop, it's always nice to leave a comment so they know how much you enjoy their projects!!

1.  Amber Meadows
2.  Jeanna Bohanon
3.  Julie LeBlanc
4.  Rochelle Gould
5.  Aly Schilling
6.  Mandy Grant
7.  Kimberly Van Diepen
8.  Holly VanDyne
9.  Erica Shaw
10. Cindy Schuster
11. Guest Blogger Julie Davidse--that's me!

Thanks for visiting!

Julie

Entered in MDS Monday Challenge




18 comments:

  1. LOVE it, Julie! Thanks for joining! And what a cool picture, I bet snow in Vegas looks really weird but I love that you captured a picture of it! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Holly! Obviously I had to go back a few years to find a snow photo in Vegas. It usually snows every year, it just doesn't stick.

      Delete
  2. What a great page Julie!!The grouped photo technique looks awesome with your pictures!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Rochelle! It was fun to do this technique, just a little time consuming.

      Delete
  3. Great layout. I spent one of the coldest winters ever (for me) in Las Vegas, my husband's hometown. Gotta try that grouped photo technique. Nice way to break up a page with a single photo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We've had a few cold mornings recently--below freezing! It usually doesn't get very cold but when it's cold and that darn 30mph wind starts to blow, it is horrible! I appreciate the comment!

      Delete
  4. Great page Julie. What a fun window effect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a bunch, Jules! It was fun to do! I did try a few different papers, but it worked out better with just one pattern.

      Delete
  5. I'm so glad you've joined us on the hop this month Julie! You may think you struggle with scrapbooking but I think you did a great job! Personally, I love CASEing layouts - when I see something I love I want to make it too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your winter page is lovely, Julie. I'm so glad to read your "confession" that you have a hard time composing scrapbook pages. I feel the same way, and always wonder how people can create such fun, visually exciting pages. Having someone like you admit that CASEing is your method encourages me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I can encourage anyone to create--even if it is CASEing! Thanks so much for the kind words!

      Delete
  7. This is a nice change to the single picture in 1 square. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yay Guest Designer!! Awesome page!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay! Thanks Cori! Can't wait for your turn!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful page! I just love what you've done with the photo - and that fabulous snowflake on the left. Came out beautiful! Thanks for sharing with us at MDS Monday too :)

    ReplyDelete