Sunday, January 20, 2013

Sweet Sabbath

Today we had an excellent special Stake conference!  A stake is a congregational unit made up of 8-10 smaller congregations. There had been a valley wide training which meant that there were general authorities here in Vegas to instruct the leaders.  We were able to hear from Elder Ronald A. Rasband, President of the Quorums of the Seventy.  He shared so many wonderful thoughts and touching stories.  He focused on families and the truth about families being eternal. I was so glad to be there and feel the spirit.  It is a blessing to hear from servants of the Lord and be instructed by them.  I know that families are eternal.  I know that what is bound on earth is bound in heaven.  I am grateful for the knowledge that my Savior lives and loves me and that he suffered for my sins and died and was resurrected so that I can have that same opportunity.  He is my elder brother and my perfect example.  What a blessing his gospel is to me and my family!
Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment