Sunday, January 6, 2013

Sweet Sabbath

As I have been preparing for the new Primary year, I have been spending time thinking about how we all serve in different capacities.  We love and care for our family, help a neighbor, volunteer at church or school, smile at a stranger, encourage a friend.  There are numerous ways in which we can serve.  I know I don't do everything I'm supposed to do, but I do try to help others when I can.  Friday, I was able to read to the young women from church during their read-a-thon.  I loved reading the scriptures with them and I truly felt the spirit sitting with those beautiful young girls who were working towards their Young Womanhood medallion.  They were learning about their Savior and I was glad I was able to help, even if it was just for an hour!
I enjoyed watching my primary children as they giggled and laughed while they wrapped the teachers up in toilet paper to make a sunday outfit!  It was so much fun!



I hope that one day, the service I have rendered in my life will be accepted by my Savior!  He is my example, and I want so much to be like him. I know that the only way I can be like him is to become like a little child; loving, humble, meek, innocent--my darling primary children teach me how to be more Christ-like every day.  We are his hands here on earth, and I hope that as I serve each day, "I will make my hands like those of Galilee."
"His Hands" by Jenny Jordan Frogley
Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment