Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Merry Christmas...and a mummy card!

Are you ready for Christmas?  I am so NOT!  But Stampin' Up! wants you to start getting ready with their October special!  If you purchase 1 of 2 bundles you will receive the Festive paper piercing pack for FREE!  Make sure you check my demonstrator website for more details!  Also, for a limited time, you will be able to purchase single clear-mount stamps from 3 word stamp sets!  They will not come with a clear block and will arrive in a cello bag not the regular DVD sized case that our clear-mount sets come in.  If you would like extra DVD/stamp cases, please let me know! The stamp sets are listed below!
Single Stamps: Word Play
Single Stamps: Perfectly Penned
Single Stamps: Seasonal Sayings

Now back to Halloween!  I made this card with the same paper I designed for my mummy card from convention and Jill's get together.  It was done using My Digital Studio and sent to Stampin' Up! for printing.  It is a 5 x 7 trifold card and I put the tag punch shape on each panel of the card and filled it with my "mummy paper" on one side and Frightful Sight DSP and Wicked Cool stamp brushes on the other and when I received it from the printer, I trimmed around the tag shape.  It is a card AND a home decor item!  My mummy paper is made using the torn edge stamp brush copied and flipped with a drop shadow, the eyes are just circle punches with a black mat and dropped shadow.  It does take some time so have something else to do while you're waiting for it to load (it has several layers!!) and then save it as a .jpg file so you don't have to wait for all the layers to load each time you open it.  My Digital Studio 2 may make it easier to do the strips by grouping and copying, I may have to try it!  And speaking of My Digital Studio 2, please check for a new update (under help on your menu) and today is Digital Download day--see the new downloads here!

Julie



No comments:

Post a Comment