Monday, October 1, 2012

A great weekend...and a Halloween printable!

I'm home!  After a very quick trip to Salt Lake City, I'm glad to be home and sleep in my own bed! (Don't we all feel that way?)  It was a very busy weekend, but completely wonderful and special!  Saturday, we were honored to attend my niece's baptism!  She was so excited and was blessed to have her grandfather (my dad) perform the baptism!  I was asked to give a short talk on baptism and then she was confirmed a member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.  It was touching for me to see my father and my son stand in the circle to lay their hands on her head to give her the gift of the Holy Ghost!  We had a little gathering afterward and celebrated my little brother's 40th birthday. (When did he get that old?) We ran a few errands afterwards (Can you say IKEA???) and then took a quick drive up Little Cottonwood canyon to see the fall leaves.  Many golds, pinks (what?) and coral colors jumping out of the dark and light greens.  I wish I got some better photos but the canyon was so busy it was almost dangerous to stop!  When we got home I took a quick cat nap and then hurried to get dressed to go to the General Women's Conference that was broadcast to my mom's local church building (and buildings all over the world) from the LDS Conference Center in Salt Lake.  What a uplifting meeting!  I was filled with love for my Savior, my family, and for my "sisters" all over the world!  The Relief Society is the largest women's organization in the world and members quietly give service to people everyday!  I am blessed to be a part of this wonderful society!







On another note...It's October!  Where has the year gone?  I thought I would share with you some fun Halloween/fall projects for you, so keep checking back for more fun ideas!  Today's project is a printable I did last year for my home, I just loved the colors! Making home decor projects is one of the things I love to do with My Digital Studio!  I had it printed at Costco as a 16 x 20 poster--make sure you choose "do not auto correct" in the options!  You may have to crop a bit, depending on what size you make it, but that's pretty easy in their on-line crop tool.  I would love to see what you do with it!  For personal use only, please!
Download

I love this time of the year!  Enjoy!

Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment