Sunday, September 23, 2012

St. George Stamp Camp

Well, I'm back from St. George and Jill Olsen's stamp camp!  We had a blast!  I went up with my friend Jeanna and my daughter Kylie and went straight to the Dixie Center to set up for the My Digital Studio class that Jeanna was teaching, it turned out great!  There were 22 wonderful ladies there wanting to learn more about how to use their My Digital Studio software and Jeanna taught them some great techniques.  Erica Shaw and I were helpers who were able to go around the room and assist those who needed some extra help, but mostly people were able to follow along with her and they all created beautiful layouts and received some great training!
Jeanna Bohanon, Erica Shaw, and Julie Davidse
After the class was over and we got everything cleaned up, Jeanna and I went to Kneader's to get a bite to eat, but it was 9:00 pm, so they were out of a few things (turkey and ciabatta bread) so instead of my favorite Turkey Cranberry Croissant I had a ham and cheese sandwich and although it was good (isn't pretty much everything good at Kneader's?), I missed my fave!  I dropped Jeanna off at Jill's and I went to my dad's and had a great visit with my dad and step-mom until Kylie got home from her date at 11:45.  I didn't sleep more than an hour that night because my brain wouldn't shut down!  I so hate that!!!  I was running late all morning and was trying to finish my swap card (which I'm glad I brought, by the way...) and all of a sudden, Kylie said, "Hey mom, aren't you supposed to be at the Dixie Center now?"  Oh, yeah!  My hair was still wet and I hadn't eaten anything--thank goodness my dad loves me and he made me an omelet while I finished getting ready, yum!  I got to the convention center and I still hadn't finished my swaps, and I realized that I had left a few of my tools at my dad's!  Luckily, Jill and Christy had the tools I needed and I was able to finish my card!  After a day of stamping, there was a contest for all of the swaps and guess what?  I won best MDS card!  (told you I was glad I brought my swap cards!)  I was so stunned, I've never won anything for my cards!  Thanks, Jill, I'm so honored! And thanks to Jeanna for letting me bum a ride and always encouraging me with kind words!
Winning MDS (hybrid) card!  Monster Munchies stamp set, Howlstooth and Scaringbone DSP, Lucky Limeade cs and ribbon, Basic Black and Whisper White cs, Tangerine Tango pad, Basic Gray marker.

Jeanna Bohanon, Jill Olsen, and Julie Davidse
Well, I'll post more about some of the wonderful projects we made later!  I better go unpack!


Julie

3 comments:

  1. Great job on winning the best MDS2 card! I had originally planned to attend but it just didn't happen. Maybe next year. Looks like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. SOOOOO stinking happy for you! It was a GREAT weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! Julie, you need to come next time and bring Pam! I don't think that she's ever been to one of Jill's get togethers.

    ReplyDelete