Thursday, November 8, 2012

Thankful Thursday

Although Tuesday was a bit disappointing for me, I am still thankful that I had the opportunity to vote!  It's hard to believe that it's been less than 100 years since all adult women were given the right to vote in the US (women in Utah had the right to vote long before the amendment in 1920).  I know that there are still places today where peoples voices are silenced and those who stand up for freedom are jailed or killed for their courage!  I pray that one day, all countries will allow their citizens to vote for things that are important to them and not just have the ones in power make all the choices, that is not a government!  Agency is a God-given right and those who take that right by force will be held accountable.
Even though only a few of my choices actually won in this election, I wouldn't trade my vote for any amount of money in the world--it means that much to me!
I'd love to hear what you are thankful for, please leave a comment and let me know!

Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment