Sunday, November 11, 2012

Sweet Sabbath

Today is Stake Conference.  A stake is a congregational unit made up of 8-10 wards--I've heard a stake compared to a diocese.  Stake conference is held twice a year and we are taught gospel principles by our Stake Presidency (a president and two counselors) and usually a few other speakers selected from stake members.  I am participating in the stake choir today and we are singing two beautiful hymns,  Pilgrim Song and Amazing Grace!  It is very hard for me to sing these songs without crying my eyes out, so hopefully I can be strong and sing through it!  Now, I would never think to compare our stake choir to the Mormon Tabernacle Choir, but I do think we sound beautiful!  I know that there will be unseen concourses singing with us, I've actually experienced it and felt them there!  Please enjoy these beautiful hymns performed by the Mormon Tabernacle Choir!  One day, you really should see them sing in person--it will literally take your breath away!




Have a beautiful Sabbath!
Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment