Tuesday, November 13, 2012

New My Digital Studio 2 video--Organizing your stamps (and embellishments)

Ok, so if you're like me you have been "collecting" all sorts of digital downloads and you just can't seem to find that one stamp brush that you saw two months ago and just can't remember which set it was in!  Phew!  I knew I wasn't the only one!  So, Stampin' Up! has come up with a little help.  Now, this takes a bit of effort--only because you have to think ahead a bit (unless you have a few hours to spend going through all of your stamp sets...NOT!!!)  Think of different file names for your stamps, let say "babies", or "backgrounds", and just add those, then drag and drop stamps into those files as you come across them (or as you download them).  The thing about this option is that even if you are looking for a stamp on the global search, it will only show up if the word you are looking for is in the title! This is a "go to" file to quickly find a specific type.  It may take you a little bit of time to get it done, but just take little "bites" every time you get on MDS2 or each time you download something, just quickly add it to the file you want (you may also want to add it to more than one file!). EDIT: I have noticed that you can only have about 40 items in each folder, so if you have more stamps, add another folder, ie: Christmas 1, Christmas 2, etc.

There!  Are you thoroughly confused?  Just watch the video and if you have more questions, please feel free to leave a comment and I will try to help you!  Just remember that this is on a Mac, so windows based computers may be just a bit different.  Oh, and this can all be done with your embellishments, too!

How did you like the video?  I love hearing comments, so if you have some constructive criticism, or any ideas on things you'd like to see on an upcoming video, please leave a comment!
Thanks,
Julie

3 comments:

  1. Hi Julie,
    I love this idea, after watching the video I tried this and every time I go back to add more and check to see if they are there; some have disappeared. Will the folder only hold ? so many? Why does it keep deleting backgrounds I have already added?
    Also, at this point maybe I should just delete the newly added category, except I can't do that either? Do you know how?
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't had any problem with any disappearing or it holding a certain amount. That interesting! To delete the category, just highlight the one you want deleted and then click the "-" or minus button at the bottom. If you want to delete something out of a new folder, you may just have to go back into the components file and find the new folder and take the item out that you don't want. I hope that I'm making sense!! Try adding the stamps again and then check it to see how many are in there and then see if they still disappear--if they still are disappearing, I would call Stampin' Up!

      Delete
    2. You know, as I have been working with this, I have noticed that some of my stamps are disappearing! I have posted on Mydigitalstudio.net and maybe we can figure out why this is the case!

      Delete