Thursday, December 6, 2012

Thankful Thursday

I mentioned the other day that I started a new "job" on Tuesday.  Well, my new job isn't really a job, as in a paying job, it's a volunteer job.  I volunteer here...
...this is the beautiful Las Vegas Nevada Temple of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. On the front of every LDS temple there is a plaque that says, "Holiness to the Lord, the house of the Lord".  It is his house and you can definitely feel his spirit there when you enter. I answer phones and help in the temple office.  It is a wonderful place to be!  Although it is a very sacred place, I work with some fun, energetic, exciting people.  I think one of my favorite things I get to do is to take down names for the prayer roll.  If you ever feel someone needs extra prayers, please call the temple (you do not have to be a member of the church to put names on the temple prayer roll).  People are prayed for throughout the day and their names stay on the prayer roll for two weeks.  I love being able to participate in helping others, even if it's just sharing a kind word with someone on the phone who is concerned about a friend or a family member--or even a stranger for that matter!
I love the feeling I have when I am in the temple!  It is a place where heaven and earth touch, even in Las Vegas!  It is a refuge from the craziness of the world and I can't think of a better place to spend a few hours of my day, aside from my own home!  I'm so thankful for this opportunity to serve my Heavenly Father, in His home!

I'd love to hear what you are thankful for today!

Julie

2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful "job" to have!! I'm definitely thankful for temples, and the saving & sealing work that is done therein.
    I'm also thankful for this wonderful Christmas season! I love the fun, the spirit, and the giving that happens during this time of year. :)

    ReplyDelete