Thursday, February 28, 2013

Colors of Spring Blog Hop

Ok, so it's still my birthday month and my actual birthday today as I am writing this, so I finished off the month with one last birthday card.  I used My Digital Studio's color combo selector to find a spring palette and this is what it came up with:

I have to smile when I see this card, only because it speaks truth!  I think only one candle will suffice from know on--we don't need to get the fire extinguisher out in order to put out the flames!

I used Tempting Turquoise, Lucky Limeade, Daffodil Delight, and Whisper White cardstock; Lucky Limeade ruffled ribbon; Sycamore Street DSP; Tempting Turquoise classic ink pad, Daffodil Delight and Lucky Limeade markers; Dazzling Details glitter; clear embossing powder; Oval Framelits; Color spritzer.  Our new classic ink pads are so juicy that you can literally pour embossing powder on the dye ink and heat it. You will get the same look as if you used pigment inks.

I have to thank all of you who have sent, texted, emailed and called with your birthday wishes, they were all wonderful!  I've had a wonderful birthday!

Make sure to visit all the other blog hoppers, and please leave comments so we know that you enjoy it!


Jill Wakefield (previous blog)
Julie Davidse (you're here)
Michelle Stoll (next blog)

Have fun hopping!

Julie

12 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday! I love your card. I really like the layout with the oval framelit! The glitter on the cake looks like frosting too. Very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this color combinations! I have not thought of using the oval layered with DSP. Now I have a new idea!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love experimenting with patterns (I'm not that good at it, but I'm having fun!) Thanks!

      Delete
  3. I love the colors! Happy birthday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card Julie! That IS a great color tool isn't it! Love that stamp, so true about the candles.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it would not be pretty with all that wax melted all over the cake, I mean, just think about all the time it would take to light them all! A blow torch would work better!

      Delete
  5. Love the lime and blue, great spring colors!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute. I love the layers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the scalloped frame in the back. It really draws you into the card.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a fantastic color combination! I love that you got that "spring" feeling without having to use flowers and pink -- not that there's anything wrong with that, of course! I just love the out-of-the-box thinking! The stamp is perfect, too. Thanks for sharing, and happy birthday!!

    ReplyDelete