Saturday, September 21, 2013

23 Years Down, Eternity to Come!

It really doesn't seem like it's been 23 years since we were married, but the adult children and gray hairs tell a different story!  I don't think these young kids had any idea what was in store for them!  I have to say that it's been a wonderful 23 years with the ups and downs of life, but we love to be together, so eternity should be amazing!  A few things about David and me...we met on a blind date in June 1989, he proposed to me on a carriage ride just 4 months later and we were sealed (married) in the Salt Lake LDS Temple almost a year later by my grandfather, Douglas H. Smith.  I have been so blessed by my Heavenly Father with a sweet husband and father to our children, a man who loves the Lord and works very hard to provide for his family, a loyal friend and eternal companion.  He overlooks my weaknesses and puts up with my endless ribbing (he IS fun to tease) but even after all these years, amazingly, we have never had a fight!  Seriously!  We've had our disagreements, but we've never fought with each other!  I know that has been a great blessing for our children.  I look forward to many more years together here in mortality and then one day we will join each other in the eternities--now that's something to look forward to!  You are the BEST, David!  I love you!

Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment