Thursday, May 8, 2014

MDS Blog Hop--Hooray for Mom!

It's hard to believe this will be my 22nd Mother's Day! My children are my greatest creation and I thank my Heavenly Father every day for them!  It's also my mom's 45th Mother's Day and I am also truly grateful for her love and encouragement!  I decided to make her a fun tote bag for all stuff she has to carry to her many women's Relief Society meetings. Did you know that the Relief Society (organized in 1842) is one of the largest and oldest women's organizations in the United States as well as the world? As the President over all the women in her stake (similar to a diocese) she gets to visit many different congregations and gets to know so many wonderful, loving Relief Society sisters and often she gets to speak to them and give them an inspired gospel message.  I just felt that this saying was perfect for her as she spends so much time caring and praying for all of the women that she has stewardship over.

And for one more project that always has to do with moms...babies!!  My best friend's two daughters both gave birth to their 3rd sons 2 days apart.  I decided to make some onesies for them!  I also am in charge of preparing a small gift for the ladies of our congregation who have babies, so I started by making a cute baby girl onesie.

Iron-on paper is easy to use (make sure to follow the directions on the package).  As you create in MDS, just remember that when you are printing on iron-on transfer paper, your image needs to be mirrored.  For most stamps, that's not an issue, but if you are using words or text just make sure you select "mirror" option and it will flip backwards.
I know the other moms on our blog hop will have wonderful projects for you to re-create or even just spark your imagination for you to come up with your own creations!  If you create something with MDS or any other Stampin' Up! products for Mother's Day, use the hashtag MadeForMom and post them all over social media...let get it trending!

I received my daughter's graduation announcements yesterday, I'll post photos of the winner...and the runner(s)-up tomorrow!

Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment