Saturday, October 5, 2013

Something I Need to Share...

Come listen to living prophets

This will be kind of a long post but I feel it is something I need to share.  Many of you know that I am a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, also known as "Mormon".  There are a lot of things said about my church in the media and also by other churches and groups that are completely untrue and and I don't have time to refute every single derogatory word that is said about what I believe and frankly some people will make up their minds about what I believe without ever having met me.  That being said, this weekend is the semi-annual conference for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and it is something that I love and I am able to learn how to draw nearer to my Savior.  It is my prayer that if there is anyone out there who has concerns or doubts about my belief system you will take a few minutes and watch any part of this conference--I know it will touch your heart and spirit.  I like to pray to my Heavenly Father before hand and ask particular questions (because He is the only one who knows my heart) and every time I watch conference I get the answers to my questions. The teachings encourage me to be a more loving wife, a more understanding parent, a more helpful neighbor, a more thoughtful friend, and especially a more humble servant and follower of the Lord.  If that is not something that you want in your life, then don't watch (after all, we are given agency to make choices for ourselves) but if you would like to be uplifted and edified and feel the promptings of the Holy Spirit, please take some time out of your busy weekend to watch.  Amos 3:7 says, "Surely the Lord God will do nothing, but he revealeth his secrets unto his servants the prophets."(KJV) I know that the Lord sent prophets to help guide His children during times of evil and discord throughout the world and this time is no different.  He doesn't love us any less than His children from biblical times, and I believe we need His guidance now more than ever!  I welcome any comments made with sincerity and thoughtfulness, but I will not argue the tenants of my church, arguing just drives away the Spirit, and I try my hardest to be worthy to invite the Spirit to be with me as much as possible. I will answer honest questions with honest, heartfelt answers if I can, but if you have deeper questions than what I can answer, I know that you can pray to your Heavenly Father to answer ANY questions, "If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him." James 1:5 (KJV) God lives! He answers prayers and I know this because He has answered mine and I know He will answer yours.

Thank you for allowing me to share my feelings and testimony with you.


Julie  

No comments:

Post a Comment