Friday, May 31, 2013

June Blog Hop


Is it really June already?  Half way through 2013, I just can't believe it!  My baby is officially a senior as of this week and I'm not ready!  It's hard enough when your oldest child graduates, but when it's your baby, it's just making me feel a little bit old!  
Well, on to the blog hop.  This month's theme is "you're the man" so I did some fun father's day cards.  I did the first one with the new Soho Subway DSP and ABC-123 Sketch stamp set from the new catalog. My dad was in advertising when I was growing up and I remember him laying out ads on graph paper to prepare them for print (in the old days before computers!!!)  This paper just reminded me of him.


The second card is using MDS (shocker!) and I tried to make it very manly.  Sometimes it's hard not to use ribbons and flowers but I managed ;)
I used Just Add Cake trim along with an epoxy brad which I changed with different DSP,  the grid paper from A Split Second kit (no longer available) and finished off with my favorite Naturals Composition overlay stamp.  I liked the way it turned out, since it didn't start out anything like that--does that ever happen to you?
The last card is just messy, crazy and fun--I made it for my hubby so don't tell him! This one used Number One embellishments along with the epoxy brads again, splatter stamps and the "drip" stamp from the Be Yourself kit. I hope to finish a video on how to change the epoxy brads in the next few days, so stay tuned!


Thanks so much for stopping by!  Make sure you visit all the blog hoppers and leave comments, it's always nice to read the comments from our cyber friends!

I hope you have lots of fun plans for your summer--it will be over before you know it!

Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment