Wednesday, April 1, 2020

We Create Blog Hop--Shower of Greetings


Well, that went downhill quickly!! It's hard to believe that in just one month we have gone from "business as usual" to quarantine throughout the world! I am still trying to wrap my brain around what is going on--but I am confident that things will work out and that we will be back to hugging our friends and spending time with our family members in just a little while.
Since many of us have a little more time on our hands or are having to adjust to a "new normal" (whatever that means!) I know we may have people in our lives who might need a little pick-me-up, something to show them we care and we are here for them, even though we cannot be with them!! I think we are being reminded what is important or necessary and what is not...people are important and necessary!
My card today uses Rooted in Nature stamp set, Poppy Moments dies, Perennial Essence DSP and the Subtle Embossing folder. I didn't think I would be a fan of the paper, I think it's beautiful, but it's not necessarily my style--but I saw someone run the paper through with the Subtle EF and I was wow'd! It looks so much like a painting with the texture! I will be making more of these, I'm sure.

Hop on over to Kimberley and all the rest of the group. I know all my blog hopping friends will be happy to hear from you! Let us know what you are doing to be more creative and reaching out to those around you.


Stay strong, my friends! We will make it through this!

Julie

3 comments:

  1. I'm like you, I got the paper because it's so beautiful...but it's not my style so I'm having a hard time using it. I absolutely LOVE it with the Subtle embossing folder, though. Thanks for sharing this great idea :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a beautiful card! I hadn't seen this dp with that folder- clever!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That subtle folder is the Bomb! I love how the poppy peaks out from behind the circle with a pop of yellow. Pretty card

    ReplyDelete