Sunday, March 1, 2020

We Create Blog Hop--Swing into Spring


Hello Everyone! This month was super busy, but I carved out time for me to be creative much more this time. I think it is definitely a practice in knowing what brings joy and serenity into your life and making that a priority. It will never be perfect, but I will continue to put my focus on what I am doing with my time and choosing if that is important to me.

This month's theme is "Swing into Spring" and to say that I am ready for Spring to be here is an understatement!! Yesterday was a bit gray and windy, but warm. Today has started out with fog and then a snowstorm...ugh! That is why this stamp set spoke to me. I have seen so many beautiful cards created with the Breathtaking Bouquet stamp set, and a few in particular called to me! I pinned these two cards (lynslinds_creativity and Coastalcrafter.com).The later card was my inspiration to create a make-n-take at work for our more experienced Demonstrator Support Agents (a few are Stampin' Up! demonstrators as well). I was showing them some basic watercoloring techniques and I know a few of them really enjoyed learning something they hadn't really tried before. The other one was so amazing, I just couldn't believe it was actually a stamped image--hers was definitely frameworthy!



My card uses Petal Pink card stock and our watercolor paper that is so great for using with Aqua Painters. I am not an expert in watercoloring by any means, but I do enjoy it and have taken a class or two to learn better techniques. The colors I used were Petal Pink, Flirty Flamingo, Balmy Blue, Blueberry Bushel, Granny Apple Green, Mint Macaron, and Shaded Spruce. The colors are so calming to me and it reminds me of a floral print I wore when I was a teenager.

I hope you enjoy our blog hop today! Next up is Jeanna! She always has something amazing! Share it with your friends and please leave comments, it's nice to know people like what you do.

Stay warm, kids, Spring is right around the corner (hopefully!!).

Julie


Julie Davidse--You are here

5 comments:

  1. Mmmmm, I love this so much - your card is frameworthy, too!!! I just love the watercolor over the white embossing, so soft and elegant. Thanks for sharing :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. THIS IS STUNNING!!! I love it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simply stunning card design. Love the soft and pretty watercolor look you have created.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Soft watercolor is so pretty. I am too ready fro spring and am lamenting the 3 or 4 inches of snow on my lawn.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so beautiful! Perfect for spring! :)

    ReplyDelete