Tuesday, November 1, 2016

We Create Blog Hop--Candy Cane Lane

It's here! The holiday season! I love to spend time with family and Thanksgiving and Christmas are my favorites. While it's been abnormally warm here for fall, the leaves are changing and there is a crispness in the air--sweater weather is here.

I had a fun time in St. George at my second upline Jill Olsen's stampin' get together. We made some fun projects and had some great mini classes. It's always a fun time at Jill's!



Just a few of the many projects that were displayed at Jill's get together.

Since life has been a bit crazy, I didn't do a stepped up or stepped over project but this project is so simple, it only takes a few minutes to do several of these cute boxes.

I used Candy Cane Lane Designer series paper for this project, but any DSP will work. Our perfect little Clear Tiny Treat Boxes are the right size for many little goodies or a small gift. 


I took a sheet of the DSP and cut a 2" x 8"strip and scored it every 2". Place the strip in the box and add your goodies and DONE! I love walking the aisles of Target looking for little things to put in these cute little boxes--there's lots! Chocolate is always a good choice.
I finished it off with a tag using the tag punch with a couple of stamps from Oh What Fun photopolymer set. I embossed the sentiment and added some tiny dots of white craft ink on the berries with my stylus (thanks Jeanna!!). I also love the Candy Cane Lane baker's twine, adding a little shimmer to the package.  Since each sheet of this DSP is 12" x 12", you can get about 8 of these strips out of each sheet, that's almost 100 box liners from one pack of DSP! That's a great value!

Head on over to Tanya and the rest of the bloggers! I love what they come up with!

While I'm excited for the holidays, in the retail world I know it will start getting old in a couple weeks...wish me luck!

Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment