Friday, January 3, 2014

We Create Blog Hop--Celebrate the Everyday


Wow, it feels like forever since I posted, but it's really only been a couple weeks--crazy! I was sick for almost 2 weeks, and with the holidays in between, blogging went to the bottom of my "to do list". We purposefully postponed our blog hop until today because the new Occasions Catalog goes live today.  It's time to Celebrate the Everyday!
You are going to love the products in this catalog, they are just so much fun!  I was able to make a few projects with some of the items in the Occasions catalog, so check these out.
If you've followed my blog for any length of time, you know that I'm all about modern and bold, so these card shouldn't surprise anyone. I love the masculine look of this card.  I used Kaleidoscope DSP, Starburst Sayings and the Starburst framelits die along with Smoky Slate, Basic Black and Real Red card stock. It's an easy card, but I will definitely need to wear my glasses the next time I use those framelits.
Typography is big right now and I love the look of ampersands.  The Ampersand embossing folder is very cool and on trend.  I did a very simple card and added just a bit of bling with the Silver Glimmer paper to make it pop.
The base of this card was made by using the Simply Scored tool on Very Vanilla card stock to make the grid then with some card stock scraps (Crumb Cake and So Saffron), I used the corner rounder on my Envelope punch board and a circle punched in Tangerine Tango.  The Just Sayin' set along with the matching framelits is a great bundle to get started and has many fun sentiments.  I also love the colors of the Retro Fresh DSP (which goes with the new Retro Fresh This & That smash journal and all the stamps and embellishments that coordinate) I absolutely will be using more of this.  I hope you enjoyed these fun creations, I was just glad to get back to creating again.
It's time to move along the hop to see what Michelle has in store for you.

I hope you all had wonderful Christmas and New Year's celebrations, I know I did (even though I was sick through most of it!)  Happy 2014!!

Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment