Thursday, December 13, 2012

Thankful Thursday

What is your favorite music to listen to?  I love mostly all kinds of music!  When I'm cleaning, I like either some 80's alternative, maybe New Order or Dead or Alive, when I'm working or in the car, I usually just to listen to top 40.  This time of year, of course I love to listen to all sorts of Christmas music, from the MTC to PTX, from Nat King Cole to Coldplay, from "Santa, Baby" to "Hippopotamus".  There are very few Christmas songs that I don't like, maybe if you comment on my post I will tell you which ones I literally have to change the channel because I don't like them that much!!!  Anyway, I am getting ready to sing with my choir at church for the Christmas program.  We are singing some beautiful hymns and there will be other music as well along with a few talks.  I have the opportunity to sing a beautiful song "It Came Upon the Midnight Clear" but it will be much different than the normal hymn.  I am so excited to be able to sing, it's been a while since I last sang a solo at church, and just between you and me, I'd much rather sing than speak!  I started singing before I could talk and I was asked to sing my first solo at the age of 3 on the Mother's day program.  In fact, the Bishop liked it so much he actually had me sing it again...all while my mom and grandma cried in the back of the congregation!  I have been in singing and performing groups most of my life, whether it was concert choir or Carousel Kids, my life has been filled with music.  I even had the opportunity to sing with the Ricks College Centennial Choir in the Mormon Tabernacle on Temple Square during General Conference of the LDS church!  That was a wonderful honor!
I am so thankful for music and the impact it has had on my life.  I would love for you to come hear this beautiful Christmas program on Sunday, December 23rd at 9:00 am at the Hillpointe LDS Chapel on 9011 Hillpointe Road in Summerlin (northwest Las Vegas).  You will enjoy it!


"Although it's been said many times, many ways...Merry Christmas to you!!!"

Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment