Sunday, December 23, 2012

Sweet Sabbath

Today was our Christmas program and I think it went rather well!  Our first narrator started out by sharing the poem by Henry Wadsworth Longfellow, I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day and how he used the phrase from the bible "Peace on earth, good will to men".  We had a few small groups and soloists (including me) along with our choir and I really felt the spirit as we sang the beautiful songs and hymns.  I was able to sing "It Came Upon a Midnight Clear".  I was a bit nervous since I hadn't sung a solo in church for a while, but it all came back to me!  I love singing!  I would rather sing than give a talk! I was so glad to have my friend Jeanna and her family come to hear me sing (and everyone else!) It's wonderful to have that kind of friend to support you!
I'm so glad that it's almost Christmas!  I love the electricity in the air!  The children are extra good, hopefully to make up for the times when they were on the "naughty list",  and parents love to see the excitement in their children's eyes on Christmas morning!  I hope that you all have a wonderful Christmas!  I hope that you find what you want under the tree and that you have peace in your home and in your lives!  If everyone had just a little bit of peace in their home, the world would be a happier place!

"Then pealed the bells more loud and deep
God is not dead nor doth he sleep 
The wrong shall fail the right prevail
With peace on earth, good will to men!"

I will be taking off some time for the holidays, I hope you enjoy your time with your family!
Merry Christmas!

Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment