Friday, November 1, 2013

We Create Blog Hop--Gift Giving

It's gift giving season and I love to make small gifts for my friends and family!  It seems that there's always an opportunity to give gifts to people whether it's birthdays, showers, thank-you's, holidays, or "just because".  This fun gift can be given for any reason.  I've had the clear marbles for a while (are you a crafting hoarder?) and I thought I would try to make some cute magnets!  I used Fabulous Phrases stamp set and Stazon ink on Polka Dot Parade DSP and attached them to the marbles with Crystal Effects.  The box was made with Basic Black card stock, Polka Dot Parade DSP and the Simply Scored scoring tool.  The tag is from Hello Lovely and Whisper White taffeta ribbon.

The dimensions of the box are 4 x 5 x 1.  The size of the DSP and card stock was cut to 6 x 7 and scored at one inch on each edge.  To figure out the size paper you need to make a box, measure the length and width of the finished box you want, take the depth and double it and add that to the length and width--does that make sense?  So in my example 4 x 5 x 1 box, the 1 is the depth so doubling that would be 2.  I add 2 to the 4 (6) and 2 to the 5 (7).  I hope I didn't confuse everyone!! (I'm really not that good at math!)  With your Paper Snips, make a small cut on the score  from the edge to the 1" score line, only on two parallel sides not all of them (you don't want to completely cut out the corners, just allow them to fold).  I used Sticky Strip to hold my corners together.  I absolutely love being able to make boxes to coordinate with my gift, it just brings the whole thing together!  And it looks cute, too!  
Now you can head on over to Michelle and see her beautiful gift box. ( I think I will have to try out her bath salts recipe!)

Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment