Tuesday, July 30, 2013

New! Undefined

While I was at Stampin' Up!'s convention a few weeks ago, they announced a new product...Undefined, a stamp carving kit that allows you to use your own creativity to make your own stamps!  At first I was a bit skeptical.  Why would you want to carve your own stamps when they have so many wonderful stamps in the catalog?  But then I saw all the fun stamps that demonstrators were coming up with and a lightbulb went off!!! WOW!  This is really a fun new way to express your creativity, even if you don't think you have any artistic ability!  Watch this quick video that describes what Undefined is all about.
The thing I like most about Undefined is that it doesn't have to be perfect!  In fact, that's what makes it so great!  The slight imperfections on something that is handmade is what makes it original, one of a kind!  I decided to try out my stamp that all the demonstrators got at convention, I didn't have time to go to the Undefined station to make mine, so I made it at my friend Jeanna's house (she had the new kit with all the tools!) My suggestion is to read the directions and if you don't feel comfortable free handing your design, use the included templates or other design to start out with.  Also, don't start out with a very intricate design either!! (I had to start over!)  I decided to do an animal print, zebra to be exact, and I just free handed lines and spots and colored in the areas I wanted to cut out.  It came out much better than I thought it would!  Ta-da!!!
Now I think I'm ready to get the whole kit!  If you are interested in getting this kit, you can purchase it on my website anytime!  Stamping is generally a female dominated craft, but what man doesn't like to use a tool to create something?!  Make sure you check out the Pinterest board Stampin' Up! started to showcase some of the wonderful creations demonstrators and customers are coming up with, they are ah-may-zing!!!

Keep creating!!

Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment